Forums of IceMan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A community based on civil discussions of topics, especially video gaming but not limited thereto, and socialization with community friends.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  DonateDonate  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ladies and Gentlemen, I Give You the Greatest News in the History of Gaming....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
IceMan
Administrator
Administrator
IceMan

Male
Number of posts : 238
Warning Level :
Ladies and Gentlemen, I Give You the Greatest News in the History of Gaming.... Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Ladies and Gentlemen, I Give You the Greatest News in the History of Gaming.... Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-06-02

Ladies and Gentlemen, I Give You the Greatest News in the History of Gaming.... Empty
PostSubject: Ladies and Gentlemen, I Give You the Greatest News in the History of Gaming....   Ladies and Gentlemen, I Give You the Greatest News in the History of Gaming.... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 2:15 am

I give you:

Diablo III
Ladies and Gentlemen, I Give You the Greatest News in the History of Gaming.... DiabloSplash

Blizzard has officially dropped the bomb this very weekend, and the site is up, running, and awesome. There is a wicked teaser cinematic video and a gameplay video, as well as other information on a simply awesome-looking website.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I Give You the Greatest News in the History of Gaming.... Diablo-iii-20080628035151849_640w
Ladies and Gentlemen, I Give You the Greatest News in the History of Gaming.... Diablo-iii-20080628035904278_640w

System requirements are not yet published, but the game is running on an entirely 3D engine, versus the 2D engines of the past two Diablo titles, and from the looks of it I will have to upgrade my PC despite it having been a pretty substantial machine during the past few years. Still, for Diablo III, it will be worth it.

source:
http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/phillipnelson
Sam Dalton
Sam Dalton

Male
Number of posts : 110
Warning Level :
Ladies and Gentlemen, I Give You the Greatest News in the History of Gaming.... Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Ladies and Gentlemen, I Give You the Greatest News in the History of Gaming.... Right_bar_bleue

Ladies and Gentlemen, I Give You the Greatest News in the History of Gaming.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ladies and Gentlemen, I Give You the Greatest News in the History of Gaming....   Ladies and Gentlemen, I Give You the Greatest News in the History of Gaming.... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 5:55 am

I think you're right. This is the awesomest gaming news in years. I'm going to go change my pants now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samdalton1980
IceMan
Administrator
Administrator
IceMan

Male
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Ladies and Gentlemen, I Give You the Greatest News in the History of Gaming....   Ladies and Gentlemen, I Give You the Greatest News in the History of Gaming.... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 7:18 am

What we know so far:
  • unveiled Saturday, June 28, 2008 at Blizzard Entertainment Worldwide Invitational in Paris, France
  • action RPG similar to Diablo and Diablo II
  • fully 3D game engine (versus 2D for the past two games)
  • increased focus on cooperative/team play
  • Havok physics engine
  • destructible environments with in-game damage effect
  • not intended for just high-end PCs, but rather for a broad range of PCs to run it
  • now intentions on a console release
  • online multiplayer returns, again through Battle.net
  • all player characters can now be either male or female rather then a fixed, pre-defined gender
  • random level and quest generation returns for near-endless replayability
  • enemies will take full advantage of the new 3D environments, like climbing walls
  • still played from an overhead view
  • two of five classes so far announced: barbarian and witch doctor
  • Diablo III takes place twenty years after Diablo II
  • town of Tristram returns
  • item drops available only to the player that earned them (rather than the mad rush to loot them)
Back to top Go down
boomheadshot
Level 3
Level 3
boomheadshot

Male
Number of posts : 54
Warning Level :
Ladies and Gentlemen, I Give You the Greatest News in the History of Gaming.... Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Ladies and Gentlemen, I Give You the Greatest News in the History of Gaming.... Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Ladies and Gentlemen, I Give You the Greatest News in the History of Gaming....   Ladies and Gentlemen, I Give You the Greatest News in the History of Gaming.... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 9:25 pm

this is teh awsomest news ive seen in like forever!! this game looks fucken sick dude!!! when it come out?
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamefaqs.com
IceMan
Administrator
Administrator
IceMan

Male
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Ladies and Gentlemen, I Give You the Greatest News in the History of Gaming....   Ladies and Gentlemen, I Give You the Greatest News in the History of Gaming.... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 9:57 pm

boomheadshot wrote:
when it come out?

No release date is yet announced, but I don't see such a massive game releasing just months after first unveiling it to the public. I wouldn't be surprised to see it in spring or summer of 2009, but we don't have anything official announced or even hinted at as of yet.
Back to top Go down
Clan Jade Falcon
Level 3
Level 3
Clan Jade Falcon

Male
Number of posts : 64
Warning Level :

Registration date : 2008-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Ladies and Gentlemen, I Give You the Greatest News in the History of Gaming....   Ladies and Gentlemen, I Give You the Greatest News in the History of Gaming.... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 1:13 am

Sweet. I must pick this up when it gets available.
Back to top Go down
Amanda
Level 2
Level 2
Amanda

Female
Number of posts : 34
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Ladies and Gentlemen, I Give You the Greatest News in the History of Gaming....   Ladies and Gentlemen, I Give You the Greatest News in the History of Gaming.... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 4:05 am

We gotta get this honey! It looks so freakin awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/amandajoyhager
IceMan
Administrator
Administrator
IceMan

Male
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Ladies and Gentlemen, I Give You the Greatest News in the History of Gaming....   Ladies and Gentlemen, I Give You the Greatest News in the History of Gaming.... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 4:47 am

The folks at Blizzard expected that some gamers would complain about the new art style, wanting it to be less colorful and more dark, like the first two games. They had some comments to justify the change.

http://www.diii.net/articles/668955/diiinet-diablo-3-interview-session
Back to top Go down
Amanda
Level 2
Level 2
Amanda

Female
Number of posts : 34
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Ladies and Gentlemen, I Give You the Greatest News in the History of Gaming....   Ladies and Gentlemen, I Give You the Greatest News in the History of Gaming.... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 2:21 pm

I think it looks fine the way it is. Screw what people think.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/amandajoyhager
Sam Dalton
Sam Dalton

Male
Number of posts : 110
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Ladies and Gentlemen, I Give You the Greatest News in the History of Gaming....   Ladies and Gentlemen, I Give You the Greatest News in the History of Gaming.... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 5:09 am

I agree that the art we have seen in Diablo 3 is fine as it stands. Don't change a thing, Blizzard! Who wants a game that is all gray everywhere you look and everywhere you go? Wouldn't it all look the same?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samdalton1980
Clan Jade Falcon
Level 3
Level 3
Clan Jade Falcon

Male
Number of posts : 64
Warning Level :

Registration date : 2008-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Ladies and Gentlemen, I Give You the Greatest News in the History of Gaming....   Ladies and Gentlemen, I Give You the Greatest News in the History of Gaming.... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 8:47 am

Yeh. I dont see what the fuss is about. Looks awesome the way it is to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ladies and Gentlemen, I Give You the Greatest News in the History of Gaming....   Ladies and Gentlemen, I Give You the Greatest News in the History of Gaming.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ladies and Gentlemen, I Give You the Greatest News in the History of Gaming....
Page 1 of 1