Forums of IceMan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A community based on civil discussions of topics, especially video gaming but not limited thereto, and socialization with community friends.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  DonateDonate  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Weird Al

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
IceMan
Administrator
Administrator
IceMan

Male
Number of posts : 238
Warning Level :
Weird Al Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Weird Al Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-06-02

Weird Al Empty
PostSubject: Weird Al   Weird Al Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 3:00 pm

A while back David bought us a pair of tickets to see "Weird Al" Yankovic in concert in Columbus. We started out earlier in the day, but soon ended up behind schedule. We were to join up with his girlfriend up in Columbus and catch a showing of The Dark Knight in the IMAX theater up there (already saw it a couple nights earlier in Jackson but didn't mind seeing it again), and on the way there we had trouble with her mom's car, which had part of the skirt dragging after being damaged by a raccoon. So, we see the awesome movie (just had to note its greatness) and return to their place to disembark on our own to the concert.

We got there at maybe 6:00 PM, though the gates weren't even due to open until 7:00. I saw a sign prohibiting knives and remembered I had mine, so I had to jump out of line and run back to the Jeep to drop it off. Later we were told we couldn't have our umbrellas (scattered thunderstorms that day) so I again had to leave to run them back to the Jeep. While in line, some folks were taking volunteers to be in a video trying to get Weird Al into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. David volunteered, and I then did but was waiting to be interviewed after a few other folks ahead of me, and while waiting the gates opened fifteen minutes early and David was parading in with my ticket, so I had to abort. (The "Make the Rock Hall Weird" video is supposed to appear on YouTube at some point, for anyone interested.)

After we entered there was a place you could fill out a survey and for doing so can spin a wheel for a chance at some prizes; mostly tickets. David won tickets for a Live/Blues Traveler conert, as did I, and both of us nearly won "box seats" instead but barely missed. The guys behind us in line were going to see that very same concert and they offered money for David's tickets, so David sold them for twenty bucks (for the pair). We were going to use that money to buy stuff from the White Castle stand in there, but the line was massive and we gave up on that.

The concert was fun. We were in an enthusiastic crowd happy to sing along with his songs. At one point he was playing with the crowd while singing one of his songs (I forget which) and was making his way around our way, and the farthest he came was up to the end of our row. He climbed up on the seats right down from us, probably five feet from me and practically looming over top of Dave and I.

Weird Al L_0fae866e97f14026078d266191480373

At the end of the concert (two hours from 8:30 to 10:30) he and the band went off stage and the crowd started waving some cell phones around up in the lawn seats and chanting "Weird Al" over and over for a while. A minute later he came back out to the crowd's pleasure, followed by the band. They proceeded to sing the little diddy "Well all have cell phones, so come on, let's get real" while the entire crowd pulled out their phones and waved them around in the air. (Every single person there had a cell phone, including every child.) He then went on and did one more actual "song": Albuquerque. For the unaware, Albuquerque runs over eleven minutes in length, and he dragged it out a bit longer last night.

Good times.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/phillipnelson
Sam Dalton
Sam Dalton

Male
Number of posts : 110
Warning Level :

Weird Al Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weird Al   Weird Al Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 7:44 pm

Wow! You really were close! Glad to hear you guys had a good time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samdalton1980
boomheadshot
Level 3
Level 3
boomheadshot

Male
Number of posts : 54
Warning Level :
Weird Al Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Weird Al Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-06-25

Weird Al Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weird Al   Weird Al Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 6:52 pm

he looks diffrent in that picture
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamefaqs.com
IceMan
Administrator
Administrator
IceMan

Male
Number of posts : 238
Warning Level :

Weird Al Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weird Al   Weird Al Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 12:49 am

He kept changing clothes and hair between each song. Had he been wearing those thick-framed glasses and his usual goofy hair he'd look like you expect.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/phillipnelson
Sponsored content

Weird Al Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weird Al   Weird Al Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weird Al
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forums of IceMan :: General :: Entertainment-
Jump to: