Forums of IceMan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A community based on civil discussions of topics, especially video gaming but not limited thereto, and socialization with community friends.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  DonateDonate  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Latest Bush Impeachment Information

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
IceMan
Administrator
Administrator
IceMan

Male
Number of posts : 238
Warning Level :
Latest Bush Impeachment Information Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Latest Bush Impeachment Information Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-06-02

Latest Bush Impeachment Information Empty
PostSubject: Latest Bush Impeachment Information   Latest Bush Impeachment Information Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 3:14 pm

Soopa Dave has sent me a barrage of Yahoo messages about Bush's present impeachment process, so I figured I'd post about it a bit, just to put this crap to some kind of use.

Many Americans have talked about impeaching President Bush for years, and there have been lengthy lists of reasons justifying impeachment. Any one of them would work. From the sources David has thrown at me, it looks like impeachment is still going through Congress at this time.

According to the sources he's thrown at me, House Resolution 1345 is about "Impeaching George W. Bush, President of the United States, of high crimes and misdemeanors." (1) The resolution was voted on on July 15, 2008. (2) The resolution received 238 "aye" votes to 180 "nay" votes, and 16 did not vote. (3) The vote was basically split down party lines, but while zero Democrats voted against there were actually nine Republicans that voted in favor of impeachment of George W. Bush. Ohio's own Michael Turner was among the Republicans that supported impeachment of our president.

So, that's where we're at right now. The House Judiciary Committee consists of 22 Democrats to 18 Republicans, and the Democrats also hold the majority of the Senate, so right now things are looking promising for this resolution. Even though the president's term is nearly over, the important thing is that he's permanently marked in the history books as impeached, if all goes well. No matter what he does, good or bad, he will always be the president with the lowest approval rating in our nation's history, and he can also go down for all time as the president that got impeached. He'd stand without peer.

sources:
1) http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=hr110-1345
2) http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=hr110-1345
3) http://www.govtrack.us/congress/vote.xpd?vote=h2008-492
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/phillipnelson
Sam Dalton
Sam Dalton

Male
Number of posts : 110
Warning Level :
Latest Bush Impeachment Information Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Latest Bush Impeachment Information Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Latest Bush Impeachment Information   Latest Bush Impeachment Information Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 2:57 pm

I hope this passes. He's done some things he needs to answer for. Besides, the Republicans tried to get Clinton for much lesser stuff than what Bush has done.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samdalton1980
p4p
Level 1
Level 1

Number of posts : 12
Warning Level :

Registration date : 2008-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Latest Bush Impeachment Information   Latest Bush Impeachment Information Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 9:23 pm

i just can't see wasting the time on something that is not going to happen.No grounds I'm afraid.What high crimes and misdemeanors? You can make a charge of grounds for impeachment.You can SAY high crimes and misdemeanors but you have to be able to provide those.Fraid that's a little on the weak side.
Maybe we could put our efforts into building up and not tearing down.
I am so proud of this country and very excited about this years election.

Think too many ppl have put a lot of wasted energy into hating Bush.Pres. Clinton was my president and i never voted for him.

It is a privilege to have been born in this county and i'm proud that my son serves it in the Navy.

I'm thankful every day for being here and not somewhere else.
Back to top Go down
IceMan
Administrator
Administrator
IceMan

Male
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Latest Bush Impeachment Information   Latest Bush Impeachment Information Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 5:23 am

p4p wrote:
i just can't see wasting the time on something that is not going to happen.No grounds I'm afraid.What high crimes and misdemeanors? You can make a charge of grounds for impeachment.You can SAY high crimes and misdemeanors but you have to be able to provide those.Fraid that's a little on the weak side.

Some of the charges I've read about in the past include warrantless wiretapping of international calls in violation of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA), unconstitutionality of the Iraq invasion on grounds of Bush waging war without a congressional declaration of war such as is required by the War Powers Clause of the US Constitution, deliberate misinformation to justify the invasion of Iraq (the alleged evidence for the invasion was already under question before it was even presented as evidence for invasion), the war against Iraq being a "war of aggression" rather than a "war in self-defense" in violation of the U.N. Charter which considers it a "war crime", possible unconstitutionality of declaring certain individuals as "unlawful combatants" and that they do not fall under protection by the Geneva Conventions, and promotion of torture ("enhanced interrogation techniques") to name a few.
Back to top Go down
Sam Dalton
Sam Dalton

Male
Number of posts : 110
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Latest Bush Impeachment Information   Latest Bush Impeachment Information Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 2:08 am

p4p wrote:
Maybe we could put our efforts into building up and not tearing down.
I am so proud of this country and very excited about this years election.

Think too many ppl have put a lot of wasted energy into hating Bush.Pres. Clinton was my president and i never voted for him.

It is a privilege to have been born in this county and i'm proud that my son serves it in the Navy.

I'm thankful every day for being here and not somewhere else.

I don't think its that we don't have anything to charge him with. As Ice already pointed out, there is a lot of stuff we know we can go after him for. Stuff Ice has mentioned, at least most of it, isn't even hard to prove. The problem may be that it's a time consuming and expensive process to impeach him, and his term is about up anyway, but he is bound by the law at least as much as you and I and if he crosses the law he needs to be tried for those crimes just as we would. If the law should come down on me for driving a bit too fast, it should strike down hard on someone that illegally declares war or commits war crimes like Ice mentioned.

Besides that, the GOP put a lot of time and money into trying to impeach Bill Clinton for lying about a BJ, which is a lot more trivial than the things listed earlier.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samdalton1980
Clan Jade Falcon
Level 3
Level 3
Clan Jade Falcon

Male
Number of posts : 64
Warning Level :

Registration date : 2008-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Latest Bush Impeachment Information   Latest Bush Impeachment Information Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 8:16 pm

So I went to those links and it looks like they have got nowhere since then. That bites.
Back to top Go down
Savage Fred
Level 0
Level 0
Savage Fred

Male
Number of posts : 2
Warning Level :

Registration date : 2008-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Latest Bush Impeachment Information   Latest Bush Impeachment Information Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 12:58 am

Good one guys. Just keep on blaming the president for everything. Let me guess. Its Bush's fault that those banks were collapsing. Right? And its his fault the economy is struggling right? Wrong. People need to stop blaming him for everything.
Back to top Go down
http://www.johnmccain.com
IceMan
Administrator
Administrator
IceMan

Male
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Latest Bush Impeachment Information   Latest Bush Impeachment Information Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 4:31 am

Savage Fred wrote:
Good one guys. Just keep on blaming the president for everything. Let me guess. Its Bush's fault that those banks were collapsing. Right? And its his fault the economy is struggling right? Wrong. People need to stop blaming him for everything.

Hmmm. I have the feeling you're going to make things a little interesting around here.

We aren't blaming President Bush for anything; at least not here in this thread, and I don't believe in any of the posts around here thus far. This thread has spoken only of impeachable offenses, not blame for this, that, and the other. The things previously cited aren't matters of blame, but simply matters of fact and things that are in fact criminal and impeachable offenses. We aren't here pointing blame for Katrina or 9/11 or even the trouble recently on Wall Street, but criminal activities that, again, were already listed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Latest Bush Impeachment Information   Latest Bush Impeachment Information Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Latest Bush Impeachment Information
Page 1 of 1